Monday 5 January 2015

Last Day of Winter Break

For some reason I thought it would be good idea to make Waffles for the kids breakfast on the day before they go back to the school.  Today is the last day of the girls Christmas vacation.  I am looking forward to Tuesday morning.  I have been running a bit frazzled lately, being sick and having the kids fight a bunch of the time.

In 2009, I put together a cookbook for Lady Bird's preschool.  I put a lot of effort into it and I am really proud of what I made.  I still use my copy of the cookbook and I will probably try to put one together for the kids in the future.  I did manage to teach myself how to use Microsoft Publisher and get a really neat cookbook out of the deal :)

This recipe was submitted by Jacqueline.  Delicious!

Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
Makes about 8 waffles
2 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tbsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
4 Eggs
2 cups Buttermilk
1 cup Pumpkin puree
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla
Non-stick spray

~Preheat waffle iron
~Whisk flour, bk powder, bk soday, and all the spices.
~In another bowl whisk together all the wet ingredients.
~Add dry to wet and mix until smooth
~Spray preheated iron and pour in some batter.
~Once they are cooked serve with whipped cream and maple syrup.  

~If there are any leftover waffles, cool them and place then in the freezer in a single layer.  Once frozen, place in zip top bag for later.  Then just toast them up and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment