Monday 24 December 2012

Sugar and Spice, Only Lighter.

I have a bit of a cookie problem, I have a see a cookie - eat a cookie, kind of problem.  As a solution I have looked for some alternatives which are a little better for me or at least not as bad for my waist line.  I have been doing weight watchers for the last few weeks in order to shed my baby weight.  I found a great site called Gina's skinny recipes and her recipe for snickerdoodles really intrigued me.  I had to make a few modifications since we don't have some of the ingredients that she called for, and I found the dough a little dry to form properly so I added a bit of milk.

Skinny Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
Based on skinnytaste.com snickerdoodle recipe
Makes 40 cookies, 1 points+ per cookie or 3 points+ for 2 cookies.

1 cup White All-Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1/4 cup Butter, softened (or if your adventurous you can brown the butter first) 
1 cup Sugar
1 tbsp Agave
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
2 tbsp Milk
3 tbsp Sugar*
1 tbsp Cinnamon*

~Cream together butter and sugar
~Add egg, agave and vanilla and mix until combined.
~In a separate bowl mix flours, baking soda and cream of tartar.
~Add dry ingredient into the wet ingredients,  if it too dry you can add the milk.
~Using a small disher, dish and roll the dough into 40 balls. 
~In a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
~Roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture and place on a lined cookie sheet.
~Bake 10 minutes at 350 deg.  or until the cookie starts to colour around the bottom.
~Remove and let sit on the sheet a couple minutes and then place them on a cooling rack to completely cool.


Sugar and butter blended together.  This is a light recipe so there is less butter.
Add egg, vanilla and agave.
Start a mixin'.
Wet ingredients all mixed
Dry ingredients waiting to join the party.
Hmmm, looks a little dry. I'll add some milk.
Much better consistency
Sugar and spice and everything nice. 


Delicious


No comments:

Post a Comment